Friday, February 10, 2012

In a beginning hole far far away...

(archived from October 19, 2011)

“Let’s go on a super adventure!”

Woohoo! My first blog line!

The funny thing is when starting writing a story… where to begin? Do you jump in the middle of a story, then use back-story context as you go along? Or do you start AT the beginning? Here are some famous first lines…“In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.”... “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”... "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
Hmm... I’m not sure if my opening line can withstand the pressure.

However, looking at some of the best tv shows, Seinfeld and MASH come to mind, they didn’t even have memorable first lines, or were even attention-getting the first several years, but they finished strong. "See, now to me, that button is in the worst possible spot. The second button literally makes or breaks the shirt.”... that one was Seinfeld; I got bored googling for MASH’s opening line. See? Not telling or exciting... bear with me, this adventure is just getting started.

Regardless of how this turns out, I must start with a special thanks to my friend Szarwyn, who taught me enough magic as to not destroy Middle Earth while putting this blog together. Mostly, I feel like the Sorcerer’s apprentice, not the cool one that is Merlin-incarnate, rather the Mickey Mouse one that takes the boss’s toys and conjures up uncontrollable mops. If you see dancing mops here, hopefully the situation will get corrected (and you can guess that the apprentice isn’t the one doing the heavy magic).

And by the next post, hopefully I will have something to say about adventures in Middle Earth! Feel free to leave a comment!

For now, here is a picture of me riding Coriander, the horse I got at the anniversary party. Oh, why am I riding you ask? There will be time for flying soon enough, and horses are some of my favorite animals to ride (bigger than chickens, less bitey than dragons, takes direction better than yaks).

See you soon! Danania

<Edit....> The first 10 posts in this blog were originally written for the now out-of-commission guild site to which I used to belong. For posterity, I recreated them here. Enjoy! :) There were even comments, recreated here (final-comments)


No comments:

Post a Comment